Careers: Accounting Jobs In Chicago
The professionals at Brown Kaplan + Liss LLP are a diverse group of accountants focused on providing exceptional service and value to the firm’s clients. Available positions will be listed here. As we’re not always hiring, we welcome the CVs of any outstanding accountants who wish to be considered for future opportunities.
Please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com
- • Answer incoming phone calls.
- • Greet all incoming clients (including getting drinks, hanging coats, talking, and assisting clients as needed).
- • Assist with all correspondence and scheduling including faxing, client support, conference room usage, and miscellaneous mail.
- • Input cash receipts daily and process invoices / prints checks.
- • Call for courier service and maintenance of equipment and building.
- • Support team members as needed (including scheduling appointments, setting up conference rooms, etc.).
- • Open up the office usually, turns everything on, makes coffee, etc. and locks up at night.
- • Assist Administrative Manager, first-line assistant.
- • Assist with monthly billings, stuffs envelopes, takes deposit to bank occasionally.
- • Type various correspondence, copies, assembles and mails, prepares overnights and call for rush pickups.
- • Type engagement letters (monthly) for Jan thru Nov and most management letters, rep letters, valuations and assist with December engagement letters.
- • Distribute firm mail daily.
- • Process outgoing mail and takes to mailbox (or Post Office if needed), makes deliveries, curb service for clients.
- • Help keep lobby, kitchen, work room and other areas neat and orderly.
- • Make misc. purchases for firm (groceries, flowers, etc.)
- • Handle parking for employees, processes new employees and terminated employees. (Forms in drawer)
- • Handle building maintenance calls, as well as office equipment maintenance calls (copier and printers).
- • Assist with promotional mailings, and other projects as needed such as setting up for functions, ordering of food, serving and cleaning up.
- • Misc Team Support with various projects, types proposals, copies and assembles along with other special projects.
- • Help with most Marketing projects and update mailing lists.
- • Prepares, copies, and binds all financial statements.
- • Prepares, prints and assembles finished Tax Returns.
- • Prepare proposals.
- • Maintain most office and kitchen supplies.
- • Occasional errands for the office.
- • Full Time Position.
- • Stationed at the front desk.
- • Bi-monthly pay period.
- • Vacation generally not allowed January 1 through April 30.
- • Occasional overtime required (including weekends), particularly during tax season (January – April).
- • Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- • Ability to operate a multi-line phone system with several incoming lines.
- • Pleasant “telephone voice” and working knowledge of telephone etiquette.
- • Intermediate to advanced proficiency using Word, Excel and Outlook.
- • Ability to use office equipment, including a computer, copier, calculator, and fax machine.
- • Ability to work as a team member.
- • Experience using QuickBooks (A/P and A/R).
- • Transportation for occasional office errands.
Nature of the Job
This position encompasses a variety of duties and tasks. Answering incoming calls and directing them properly as well as greeting our clients are two very important aspects of it, but do not at all tell the whole story. Work that is generated by all others in the firm comes to this desk for assembly, completion, or mailing. Disruptions caused by phone calls, clients arriving, or co-workers with a question are the rule; a talent for multi-tasking is a decided asset. There are times when the work is slow and the individual may have to ask or look for something to do. Other times the work is like a landslide coming all at once. The tasks may require immediate turn-around or may have a very generous time frame; it is very hard to predict. Prioritizing is a must, and willingness to finish a job before leaving for the night is sometimes very important.
There are many routine functions associated with this position that can easily be scheduled and performed on a regular basis. During Tax Season (January through April 15), it is sometimes difficult to keep to that schedule and therefore requires flexibility. Assembly of tax returns during Tax Season (especially from about February 15 through April 15) is a priority and encompasses many hours per week.
This person is responsible for his/her work being completed on time and communicating with the Administrative Manager of changing priorities and/or challenges in meeting a particular deadline. This person reports directly to the Administrative Manager and must work very closely with her. The working relationship of this administrative team is important to the firm running smoothly and therefore should be mutually pleasant and enjoyable. Communication with each other should be open and frequent.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by accounting and tax team members, or Managing Partner to perform other duties.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Brown, Kaplan + Liss LLP has been providing high quality services to a large range of privately held businesses, high income/net worth individuals, not-for-profits, trusts and estates since 1962. We maintain professional independence, but, when appropriate, we are integrally involved with our clients businesses and personal finances and are proactive in helping our clients achieve their financial goals. Staff works directly with partners and clients. As a firm of fifteen professionals, we are adroit, quick and adaptable. As a member of the Plante and Moran Alliance, a regional firm of 1,800 professionals, we have access to deep expertise in almost every field.
The right applicant must be desirous of a long and fulfilling career, with a goal of growing with the firm. She or he must be a self-starter and eager to accept increasing responsibility. Staff development is integral to BK+L™’s success. Accordingly, the successful candidate will participate in both group and individualized training.